Law Firm Marketing Leads: Strategies for Attracting Clients
Find out how we can grow your business
In the competitive landscape of legal services, the path to success hinges on the ability to constantly attract legal clients. Law firm marketing leads are essential for any thriving legal practice. BSD Legal Marketing provide expert advice on acquiring potential clients, examining three distinct avenues that fuel a law firm’s growth: lead generators, referrals and introducers, and the power of a firm’s own marketing endeavours.
In an era where information flows freely and choices are abundant, the journey from a potential client’s need to a law firm’s service is paved with strategic decisions and well-executed campaigns.
Navigating this journey requires a deep understanding of the avenues available, the dynamics of each approach, and the art of nurturing relationships.
Law firm marketing leads from lead generators
There are many lead generators and claims management companies with the business model of generating leads for law firms in return for a fee. This type of lead generation process has many benefits for lawyers. It ensures law firms obtain a flow of leads. Most lead generators and claims management companies promise high quality leads and pre-qualified leads, meaning you will be paying for claims that are likely to succeed.
There are, of course, some downsides to using a third party lead generator. One of the main disadvantages is the lack of control over the leads being passed on. Although generators promise high quality leads, this may not always be the case, and firms are required to pay for cases that end up unsuccessful, or with an unresponsive client.
Another disadvantage is the cost of potential leads. Although this type of lead generation for lawyers saves time and costs on marketing, the cost of leads can also be expensive. As soon as a firm stops paying an external company for leads, the flow of prospective clients also comes to an end.
Finally, when firms rely on third party companies to provide leads, its brand identity might become diluted. Potential clients might remember the lead generator’s name more than the law firm’s name, weakening the firm’s brand recognition.
It is important to note that in the United Kingdom, the generation of leads and claims management activities surrounding certain types of legal cases is a regulated activity and companies must be approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Referrals involve receiving potential clients from individuals or businesses that recommend your law firm’s services. These recommendations are often based on the referrer’s positive experience with your firm or their knowledge of your expertise. Here’s how it works:
- Building relationships: Develop strong relationships with existing clients, other lawyers, professionals (like accountants or financial advisors), and even satisfied opposing parties. When they encounter someone in need of legal assistance in your area of expertise, they may refer them to your firm.
- Delivering quality: The key to receiving referrals is consistently delivering high-quality legal services. Satisfied clients are more likely to recommend your firm to others.
- Expressing gratitude: When you receive referrals, show appreciation. A simple thank-you note or a small gesture can go a long way in nurturing these valuable connections.
- Staying in touch: Maintain communication with your referral sources. Update them on your firm’s achievements, share helpful legal insights, and keep them engaged in a non-intrusive manner.
Digital marketing to attract law firm marketing leads
Using your own digital marketing strategies can be an effective way for a law firm to attract leads. Here’s a simple breakdown of steps you can take:
- Create a law firm website: A well-designed, user-friendly website is crucial. It should showcase your firm’s expertise, services, lawyer profiles, and contact information. Make sure it’s mobile-responsive too to make it easy for website visitors to navigate. You could also offer free consultations which can be booked using your website.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Optimise your website content for search engines. Use relevant keywords related to your legal services and location so that your firm appears in search results when potential clients are looking for help.
- Content marketing: Create valuable content like blog posts, articles, or videos about legal topics that potential clients might be searching for. This establishes your firm’s expertise and brings in organic traffic.
- Social media presence: Set up social media profiles on platforms relevant to your audience. Share informative content, engage with users, and respond to queries promptly.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising: Consider running targeted ads on platforms like Google Ads or social media. These ads appear when users search for specific keywords, increasing your visibility to potential clients.
- Email marketing: Build an email list and send regular newsletters containing legal insights, news, and updates about your firm. This keeps you on the radar of potential clients.
- Landing pages: Create dedicated landing pages for specific legal services you offer. These pages can be optimised for particular keywords and designed to convert visitors into leads.
- Online reviews: Encourage satisfied clients to leave positive reviews on platforms like Google My Business. Positive reviews build trust and influence potential clients’ decisions.
- Webinars and workshops: Host online webinars or workshops on legal topics relevant to your practice. These events not only showcase your knowledge but also capture contact information from interested participants.
- Video Marketing: Create videos explaining legal concepts, sharing success stories, or introducing your firm’s team. Videos can make your firm more relatable and accessible.
- Chatbots: Implement chatbots on your website to engage with visitors in real-time and collect their information for follow-up.
- Local Listings: Ensure your firm is listed accurately on local online directories and Google My Business. This helps people find you when they’re looking for legal help in your area.
How can BSD Legal assist?
We understand that when it comes to digital marketing for law firms, one size does not fit all, which is why we offer bespoke packages to suit each business’ needs at competitive prices. We provide our services on a retainer basis, and also provide lead generation and pay per lead options.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Lead generation for law firms
- Search engine optimisation
- Family law web design and development
- Legal content creation
- Social media marketing
- Pay per click marketing
If you would like some free initial advice on your law firm marketing strategy, or if you require a quote for our services, feel free to contact us using the forms on our website, or contact our Director, Stacey Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Touch
08:30 – 16:30
4 Bark Street East
Bolton, BL1 2BQ
What we Do
Social media management